Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sprechen zie Legalese?

August 02 2006

So I started my first full day in a law firm today… yes, I know! A real law firm! It’s not a training contract (which for those of you who aren’t in the know, means the keys to the kingdom), but it is most definitely a step in the right direction.
Well, the Solicitor I’m working for is awesome, he’s British and old school and eccentric. I love it. However, the not knowing what I’m doing and feeling like I’ve got a speaking part in someone else’s - bizarro world - dream is not so much a fave of mine.
There’s all these forms to fill, law to remember, practical things to learn, files to file… oh the files! But inshallah I will learn faster rather than slower, and Lord knows I hate not knowing stuff! Which probably explains my attitude problem and overall general dislike of most things. Like I said before, I’m not bitter. What have I got to be bitter about? Life’s a miraculous song! In fact I feel one bursting in my chest and ready to spill out of my merry luscious lips! And I think a feel a dance coming on too.

No comments: